Always verify that your firearm is UN-LOADED before performing any service on it. Warne recommends that you loosely assemble rings and scope onto firearm prior to final mounting to verify eye relief and ring spacing.
- Remove all 4 cap screws and cap on each ring.
- Loosen both clamp screws on each ring and place in desired position on your Mountain Tech rail or Maxima (weaver style) bases.
- Push each ring towards muzzle to seat recoil keys and tighten clamp screws to 25 in/lb.
- Place scope in rings and reinstall cap screws*, leave loose.
- Adjust scope position for eye relief and level reticle.
- Finally, tighten the cap screws in a criss-cross pattern to scope manufacturers’ recommended torque rating**, 18 in/lb maximum.
*Torque Spec are for dry threads, DO NOT USE THREAD-LOCKER COMPOUND
**Many scope manufacturers’ have established specific torque ratings for their scope and you must follow their recommended torque.
IMPORTANT: NEVER OVER TIGHTEN ANY BASE OR RING SCREW. NEVER ATTACH A SCOPE IF THE OBJECTIVE TOUCHES THE BARREL OR CAUSES INTERFERENCE WITH THE BOLT, SAFETY OR CYCLING OF THE ACTION. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREARM OR SCOPE MANUFACTURERS’ RECOMMENDED TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN GUNSMITHING METHODS.
⇒ If you are unsure or do not have the proper tools, please contact a gunsmith for assistance, Warne will not be held liable for stripped/damaged receivers or scopes.