Always verify that your firearm is UN-LOADED before performing any service on it. Warne recommends that you loosely assemble rings and scope onto firearm prior to final mounting to verify eye relief and ring spacing.
- Loosen cross bolts and remove clamp system from mount assembly.
- Install clamp system onto tactical rail and slide forward to properly seat cross bolts against tactical rail slot.
- Align mount assembly with cross bolts and install onto tactical rail.
- Tighten cross bolts. Do not exceed 30 in/lb*.
- Remove ring caps using provided hex wrench.
- Install scope onto ring mount assembly and replace ring caps. Be sure to leave a small space between front ring and tapered start of objective bell.
- Loosely tighten ring caps*, ensuring an even gap remains between ring mount and cap.
- Position scope for proper eye relief and reticle alignment.
- Tighten caps evenly, leaving a small gap on both sides of the ring cap when tightened to scope manufacturers’ recommended torque setting**
*Torque Spec are for dry threads, DO NOT USE THREAD-LOCKER COMPOUND
**Many scope manufacturers’ have established specific torque ratings for their scope and you must follow their recommended torque.
IMPORTANT: NEVER OVER TIGHTEN ANY BASE OR RING SCREW. NEVER ATTACH A SCOPE IF THE OBJECTIVE TOUCHES THE BARREL OR CAUSES INTERFERENCE WITH THE BOLT, SAFETY OR CYCLING OF THE ACTION. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREARM OR SCOPE MANUFACTURERS’ RECOMMENDED TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN GUNSMITHING METHODS.
⇒ If you are unsure or do not have the proper tools, please contact a gunsmith for assistance, Warne will not be held liable for stripped/damaged receivers or scopes.