Always verify that your firearm is UN-LOADED before performing any service on it. Warne recommends that you loosely assemble rings and scope onto firearm prior to final mounting to verify eye relief and ring spacing.
- Remove ring top screws and top half of ring.
- Loosen clamp** screw or lever and place directly on grooved receiver.
- Tighten clamp screws or levers with rings in approximate location on receiver.
- Place scope in the rings and adjust ring location if needed.
- Tighten clamp screws to 25 in/lb max or tighten levers thumb & forefinger tight***. (there is no need to over tighten QD lever)
- Snap ring tops over scope tube and start ring top screws.
- Adjust eye relief and level the reticle
- Once both are correct, tighten the top screws on both rings to scope manufacturers’ recommended torque rating*, maximum of 25 in/lb.
*Many scope manufacturers’ have established specific torque ratings for their scope and you must follow their recommended torque.Torque Spec are for dry threads, DO NOT USE THREAD-LOCKER COMPOUND
**Rings are factory set for 3/8″ dovetail (dimple up), for 11mm dovetails, remove clamp and re-install with the dimple down.
***Please refrain from tightening QD lever with any hand tool as it is not required.
IMPORTANT: NEVER OVER TIGHTEN ANY BASE OR RING SCREW. NEVER ATTACH A SCOPE IF THE OBJECTIVE TOUCHES THE BARREL OR CAUSES INTERFERENCE WITH THE BOLT, SAFETY OR CYCLING OF THE ACTION. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREARM OR SCOPE MANUFACTURERS’ RECOMMENDED TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN GUNSMITHING METHODS.
⇒ If you are unsure or do not have the proper tools, please contact a gunsmith for assistance, Warne will not be held liable for stripped/damaged receivers or scopes.