CNC Machine Operator Level 2
Website Warne Scope Mounts
Responsible for safe, effective and efficient set up of CNC machines. Adjusts and checks out programming, and operates numerically controlled machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to close to exacting tolerances and finish specifications requiring considerable skill and under minimal supervision of the machine shop supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Refers to programming instructions, operational data and machine setup instructions to define and code tool arrangements, material clamping methods, machine calibrations and console settings, for operations such as bore, mill, drill, face, thread and occasional profiling and contouring
- Cleans and maintains machine, tooling, and parts to maintain equipment in optimal production condition
- Observes machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining; reports issues
- Reads prints and checks part specifications by using measuring tools to ensure accuracy
- Inspects work pieces throughout the production run to identify out-of-tolerance machining
- Recovers machine from alarm scenarios
- Troubleshoots machine operation and run issues and identifies appropriate solutions; communicates issues and solutions to Machine Shop Supervisor, implements solutions upon approval
- Maintains work station in a safe and clean manner
- Accurately completes all documentation, work orders, travelers, reject travelers.
PREREQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or GED required
- Related vocational or technical training required
- CNC Operator Certificate preferred
- Minimum 3 years as machine operator required
- Visual acuity requirements to include depth perception and field of vision for the purposes of effectively performing activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eye.
- Willingness and ability to participate in process improvement
- Effective problem-solving skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com