M848/848M Browning BAR, Matte
- 2 piece base set.
- 6-48 Screws
Warne Maxima Steel Bases are the strongest and most versatile mounting system available today. The sleek, low-profile design makes this steel-constructed two-piece base a necessary upgrade for any rifle. It is modeled around the popular Weaver design. This Browning BAR scope base fits the Browning BAR rifle and BAR II rifle, as well as the Benelli R1 and more (see below for details on fits).
When used in conjunction with Warne Maxima QD Rings, the low profile of the Maxima Steel Bases allows the shooter to utilize the open sights without sacrificing optimal shooting position. Maxima bases also offer a full-width recoil slot in each base. This feature allows the recoil control keys of Warne Rings to attain maximum bearing surface.
- Visually inspect your firearm's receiver for burrs around the screw holes and remove if necessary. Remove all oil and grease from the holes in the receiver, the base screws and contact surfaces.
- Place the base(s)/rail on the receiver. In some instances the front base will overhang the receiver, place base overhang towards the rear of the firearm. Check for proper fit and alignment.
- If you have short and long screws, please use the short screws in the front of base/rail, front holes of firearm.
- Using a T-15 wrench (supplied with WARNE rings) loosely install the supplied Torx 15 screws.
- If base(s)/rail fit properly, firmly tighten screws.
- WARNE recommends no more than *25 in/lb maximum torque. WARNE recommends the use of a REMOVABLE thread locking compound on base/rail installations only, for best results.
IMPORTANT: NEVER OVER TIGHTEN ANY BASE OR RING SCREW. NEVER ATTACH A SCOPE IF THE OBJECTIVE TOUCHES THE BARREL OR CAUSES INTERFERENCE WITH THE BOLT, SAFETY OR CYCLING OF THE ACTION. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREARM OR SCOPE MANUFACTURERS’ RECOMMENDED TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN GUNSMITHING METHODS.
If you are unsure or do not have the proper tools, please contact a gunsmith for assistance, Warne will not be held liable for stripped/damaged receivers or scopes.