M918/918M Browning A-Bolt, Matte
- 2 piece base set.
- 6-48 Screws
Strength and versatility, Warne Maxima steel bases are the strongest and most versatile mounting system available today. The simple low profile design along with steel construction is a significant upgrade from any other 2 piece bases. The Maxima Steel Bases are modeled around the popular we'ver design, which is one of the strongest and most versatile mounting systems available today. The low profile of the Maxima Steel Bases give your firearm a sleek look. When used in conjunction with Warne Maxima QD Rings, the shooter is able to utilize the open sights by looking over the top of the bases without sacrificing the normal shooting position behind the firearm. Maxima Bases also offer a full width recoil slot in each base. This feature allows the recoil control keys of Warne Rings to attain maximum bearing surface.
A two-piece Maxima tactical base from Warne Scope Mounts lets you prepare a Browning to hold a scope securely.
We used premium steel in this two-piece scope base for M618/618M Browning A-Bolt rifles for durability and strength in a low profile - as well as a sleek look you'll love. Featuring a Weaver design, these rails are also equipped with a full-width recoil slot in each base, giving the recoil keys of Warne rings the most bearing surface available.
Because they are low profile you can use Warne quick disconnect rings for switching back to open sights and see over the bases and then back to magnified optics with our QD return to zero rings.
- Visually inspect your firearm's receiver for burrs around the screw holes and remove if necessary. Remove all oil and grease from the holes in the receiver, the base screws and contact surfaces.
- Place the base(s)/rail on the receiver. In some instances the front base will overhang the receiver, place base overhang towards the rear of the firearm. Check for proper fit and alignment.
- If you have short and long screws, please use the short screws in the front of base/rail, front holes of firearm.
- Using a T-15 wrench (supplied with WARNE rings) loosely install the supplied Torx 15 screws.
- If base(s)/rail fit properly, firmly tighten screws.
- WARNE recommends no more than *25 in/lb maximum torque. WARNE recommends the use of a REMOVABLE thread locking compound on base/rail installations only, for best results.
IMPORTANT: NEVER OVER TIGHTEN ANY BASE OR RING SCREW. NEVER ATTACH A SCOPE IF THE OBJECTIVE TOUCHES THE BARREL OR CAUSES INTERFERENCE WITH THE BOLT, SAFETY OR CYCLING OF THE ACTION. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREARM OR SCOPE MANUFACTURERS’ RECOMMENDED TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN GUNSMITHING METHODS.
If you are unsure or do not have the proper tools, please contact a gunsmith for assistance, Warne will not be held liable for stripped/damaged receivers or scopes.