M902/924M Winchester Model 70 w/.860 RHS, Matte
- 2 piece base set.
- 6-48 Screws
Give your Winchester Model 70 a superior base with a Maxima scope base from Warne Scope Mounts.
A firearm known as "the rifleman's rifle" needs no introduction. Since their introduction in 1936, Winchester Model 70 bolt-action rifles are treasured by collectors, and passed from generation to generation. Whether used at the range, in competition or out in the field, they offer outstanding performance thanks to quality construction and materials.
A classic rifle deserves a classic base that can handle a variety of mounts. Our Maxima steel bases are some of the strongest and most versatile mounting systems in the industry. We understand what makes this model so great. That's why our Winchester Model 70 scope mounts are made with superior materials and precision machining. They are designed to give you precise fitment so you can use a wide variety of scopes without interfering with the rifle's operation.
The steel construction in the M902/924M Winchester Model 70 base offers you a low profile and incredible strength. Use this base with Warne Maxima QD Rings, and you'll be able to use the open sights without giving up an optimal shooting position.
Warne Maxima steel bases are the strongest and most versatile mounting system available today. The simple low profile design along with steel construction is a significant upgrade from any other 2-piece bases. The Maxima Steel Bases are modeled around the popular Weaver design, which is one of the strongest and most versatile mounting systems available today.
The low profile of the Maxima Steel Bases gives your firearm a sleek look. When used in conjunction with Warne Maxima QD Rings, the shooter is able to utilize the open sights by looking over the top of the bases without sacrificing the normal shooting position behind the firearm. Maxima Bases also offer a full width recoil slot in each base. This feature allows the recoil control keys of Warne Rings to attain maximum bearing surface.
Fits: Browning BBR, Cooey 71, Enfield Winchester 70 Style, Kimber Of Oregon M89 BGR, Marlin XL-7, XS-7, Montana Montana action (Drilled and tapped round receiver), Sears 53, Winchester 670, 770, Model 70 LA, SA & WSM
- Visually inspect your firearm's receiver for burrs around the screw holes and remove if necessary. Remove all oil and grease from the holes in the receiver, the base screws and contact surfaces.
- Place the base(s)/rail on the receiver. In some instances the front base will overhang the receiver, place base overhang towards the rear of the firearm. Check for proper fit and alignment.
- If you have short and long screws, please use the short screws in the front of base/rail, front holes of firearm.
- Using a T-15 wrench (supplied with WARNE rings) loosely install the supplied Torx 15 screws.
- If base(s)/rail fit properly, firmly tighten screws.
- WARNE recommends no more than *25 in/lb maximum torque. WARNE recommends the use of a REMOVABLE thread locking compound on base/rail installations only, for best results.
IMPORTANT: NEVER OVER TIGHTEN ANY BASE OR RING SCREW. NEVER ATTACH A SCOPE IF THE OBJECTIVE TOUCHES THE BARREL OR CAUSES INTERFERENCE WITH THE BOLT, SAFETY OR CYCLING OF THE ACTION. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREARM OR SCOPE MANUFACTURERS’ RECOMMENDED TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN GUNSMITHING METHODS.
If you are unsure or do not have the proper tools, please contact a gunsmith for assistance, Warne will not be held liable for stripped/damaged receivers or scopes.