V498M Savage Axis Vapor Picatinny Rail
(You save )
- Zero MOA
- Tapered 8-40 Screws
Available in Zero or 20MOA
Firearm Specific Fitment
Designed and MADE IN USA
Warne Vapor rails are designed to offer shooters an affordable and reliable mounting platform manufactured for your specific firearm.
Fits: Savage Axis & Axis II with 8-40 screw receiver
- Precision CNC machined from 6061/T6 aluminum
- Mil-Spec hardcoat anodized finish for abrasion and corrosion resistance.
- Self centering tapered T-15 Torx screws.
- Fits Picatinny & weaver style rings and are NATO-STANAG compatible.
Always verify that your firearm is UN-LOADED before performing any service on it. Warne recommends that you loosely assemble rings and scope onto firearm prior to final mounting to verify eye relief and ring spacing.
- Visually inspect your firearm's receiver for burrs around the screw holes and remove if necessary. Remove all oil and grease from the holes in the receiver, the base screws and contact surfaces.
- Place the base(s)/rail on the receiver. In some instances the front base will overhang the receiver, place base overhang towards the rear of the firearm. Check for proper fit and alignment.
- If you have short and long screws, please use the short screws in the front of base/rail, front holes of firearm.
- Using a T-15 wrench (supplied with WARNE rings) loosely install the supplied Torx 15 screws.
- If base(s)/rail fit properly, firmly tighten screws.
- WARNE recommends no more than *25 in/lb maximum torque. WARNE recommends the use of a REMOVABLE thread locking compound on base/rail installations only, for best results.
IMPORTANT: NEVER OVER TIGHTEN ANY BASE OR RING SCREW. NEVER ATTACH A SCOPE IF THE OBJECTIVE TOUCHES THE BARREL OR CAUSES INTERFERENCE WITH THE BOLT, SAFETY OR CYCLING OF THE ACTION. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREARM OR SCOPE MANUFACTURERS’ RECOMMENDED TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN GUNSMITHING METHODS.
If you are unsure or do not have the proper tools, please contact a gunsmith for assistance, Warne will not be held liable for stripped/damaged receivers or scopes.