M902/832M Mauser 98 Unaltered, Matte
- 2 piece base set.
- 6-48 Screws
Warne Maxima Steel Bases offer a full width recoil slot in each base. This allows the recoil keys of Warne Rings to attain maximum bearing surface. The low-profile design greatly enhances your ability to achieve a proper cheek weld while still maintaining optimal eye relief.
With strength and versatility going hand in hand, you won't need to sacrifice one for the other, and this Maxima base will fit your Mauser M98 unaltered rifle to a T. Durable and lightweight, Warne has got your six covered from all angles. This two-piece base can be paired with Warne Maxima QD Rings.
Designed for shooters, by shooters, all Warne products come with a lifetime warranty. No receipt, no warranty card, no package - no problem! Get confidence in every shot with Warne Scope Mounts.
Fits: Mauser M98 Unaltered
- Visually inspect your firearm's receiver for burrs around the screw holes and remove if necessary. Remove all oil and grease from the holes in the receiver, the base screws and contact surfaces.
- Place the base(s)/rail on the receiver. In some instances the front base will overhang the receiver, place base overhang towards the rear of the firearm. Check for proper fit and alignment.
- If you have short and long screws, please use the short screws in the front of base/rail, front holes of firearm.
- Using a T-15 wrench (supplied with WARNE rings) loosely install the supplied Torx 15 screws.
- If base(s)/rail fit properly, firmly tighten screws.
- WARNE recommends no more than *25 in/lb maximum torque. WARNE recommends the use of a REMOVABLE thread locking compound on base/rail installations only, for best results.
IMPORTANT: NEVER OVER TIGHTEN ANY BASE OR RING SCREW. NEVER ATTACH A SCOPE IF THE OBJECTIVE TOUCHES THE BARREL OR CAUSES INTERFERENCE WITH THE BOLT, SAFETY OR CYCLING OF THE ACTION. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREARM OR SCOPE MANUFACTURERS’ RECOMMENDED TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN GUNSMITHING METHODS.
If you are unsure or do not have the proper tools, please contact a gunsmith for assistance, Warne will not be held liable for stripped/damaged receivers or scopes.