Warne Maxima Steel Bases offer superior strength and unrivaled versatility. Low-profile, sleek, and durable, Warne has got your six in every condition imaginable. This Mauser 98 one-piece scope base is a great fit for your Model 98 Mauser rifle.
Modeled around the Weaver design, one of the most popular mounting systems out there, you can always expect firearms-specific fitments for best-in-class fit/compatibility from this scope base.
Lightweight, yet durable enough to take your rifle with you anywhere, Warne's mounting systems are a necessary upgrade for any long-range enthusiast. Designed for shooters by shooters, Warne Scope mounts give you confidence in every shot, and all Warne products come with a lifetime warranty.
- Visually inspect your firearm's receiver for burrs around the screw holes and remove if necessary. Remove all oil and grease from the holes in the receiver, the base screws and contact surfaces.
- Place the base(s)/rail on the receiver. In some instances the front base will overhang the receiver, place base overhang towards the rear of the firearm. Check for proper fit and alignment.
- If you have short and long screws, please use the short screws in the front of base/rail, front holes of firearm.
- Using a T-15 wrench (supplied with WARNE rings) loosely install the supplied Torx 15 screws.
- If base(s)/rail fit properly, firmly tighten screws.
- WARNE recommends no more than *25 in/lb maximum torque. WARNE recommends the use of a REMOVABLE thread locking compound on base/rail installations only, for best results.
IMPORTANT: NEVER OVER TIGHTEN ANY BASE OR RING SCREW. NEVER ATTACH A SCOPE IF THE OBJECTIVE TOUCHES THE BARREL OR CAUSES INTERFERENCE WITH THE BOLT, SAFETY OR CYCLING OF THE ACTION. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREARM OR SCOPE MANUFACTURERS’ RECOMMENDED TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN GUNSMITHING METHODS.
If you are unsure or do not have the proper tools, please contact a gunsmith for assistance, Warne will not be held liable for stripped/damaged receivers or scopes.