QDXSKEL30DE QD XSKEL 30mm Dark Earth
- Steel Threaded Inserts for Cap Screws.
- Over 2 inches of forward Cantilever.
- Quick Detach.
Warne's 1 piece QD XSKEL cantilever mount features Patent Pending Dual Quick Detach levers and is constructed from 6061 T6 aluminum for a lightweight and rigid foundation. Steel threaded inserts ensure steel-on-steel contact between all threaded interfaces, and MSR Ideal Height helps the shooter maintain a proper cheek weld and shooting position with any optic on flat top guns. The QDXSKEL gives you a generous forward cantilever making it the best MSR scope mount for a LPOV and 24-56mm objective scopes while reducing weight with its skeletonized design and the Return-to-Zero performance known for Warne.
Count on a Warne QD scope mount to give you excellent performance and versatility.
At Warne Scope Mounts, we have led the industry with innovative design, and this QD X-SKEL cantilever mount is an excellent example. The patent-pending design in this one-piece 30mm MSR mount gives you outstanding scope placement for an ideal cheek weld and shooting position on most modern sporting rifles. The quick detach levers give you reliable return-to-zero performance, and 6061/T6 aluminum offers lightweight strength.
Warne Engineered the QDXSKEL to be light in areas where it could be. Still, thick and heavy duty in the places where it needs to be, making it a durable and lightweight scope mount for low-power variable optics or variable scopes with a 24-56mm objective.
- Due to small variances in rail dimensions, Warne® recommends that you ﬁrst adjust the lever tension to your rail prior to scope mounting.
- Adjusting the QD Lever Tension: Place the QD X-SKEL onto your ﬁrearm’s rail*. One at a time, slowly begin closing the QD levers and adjust tensioning nuts until the levers just meet the latch with minor resistance. (see ﬁgure 2) Warne recommends that you periodically check lever tension and adjust as needed, also re-adjust if mounting on a different ﬁrearm(s).
- Close the lever, latch should “click” into lever with a moderate push and the Bipod will feel secure on the rail.
- Mounting Instructions: Loosen both QD levers on the QD X-SKEL mount and install on your ﬁrearm’s rail.
- Push the mount towards the muzzle until it stops and close the levers. Latch should “click” into levers with a moderate push and the mount will feel secure on the rail.
- Remove the four cap screws from each top cap with the supplied T-15 wrench and remove the top caps and place your scope in the mount and replace the top caps and screws. Do not use thread locking compound on cap screws - this will cause the steel threaded inserts to back out of the caps.
- Slowly tighten* cap screws evenly and leave loose enough to adjust for eye relief and level the reticle.
- Tighten the cap screws in a criss-cross pattern to scope manufacturers’ recommended torque rating**, 25 in/lb maximum.
*Warne® recommends installing the mount with the cantilever forward and the front cross bolt in the farthest forward slot on AR15 Flat Tops.
*Torque Spec are for dry threads, DO NOT USE THREAD-LOCKER COMPOUND
**Many scope manufacturers’ have established specific torque ratings for their scope and you must follow their recommended torque.
IMPORTANT: NEVER OVER TIGHTEN ANY BASE OR RING SCREW. NEVER ATTACH A SCOPE IF THE OBJECTIVE TOUCHES THE BARREL OR CAUSES INTERFERENCE WITH THE BOLT, SAFETY OR CYCLING OF THE ACTION. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREARM OR SCOPE MANUFACTURERS’ RECOMMENDED TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN GUNSMITHING METHODS.
If you are unsure or do not have the proper tools, please contact a gunsmith for assistance, Warne will not be held liable for stripped/damaged receivers or scopes.