M858/918M Ruger 10/22 Maxima Bases, Matte
- 2 piece base set.
- 6-48 Screws
Get strength, versatility, dependability and a lightweight low-profile design with Warne Maxima Steel Bases. Modeled around the popular Weaver design, Warne has got your six with this tactical steel-constructed two-piece base that will fit your Ruger 10/22 rifle.
Maxima bases offer a full width recoil slot in each base. This feature allows the recoil control keys of Warne Rings to attain maximum bearing surface. When used alongside Warne Maxima QD Rings, you'll be able to make use of the open sights over the top of the bases without ruining your shooting position from behind the scope.
All Warne products are designed for shooters by shooters and come with a lifetime warranty. No receipt, no warranty card, no package - no problem!
Fits: Ruger 10/22
- Visually inspect your firearm's receiver for burrs around the screw holes and remove if necessary. Remove all oil and grease from the holes in the receiver, the base screws and contact surfaces.
- Place the base(s)/rail on the receiver. In some instances the front base will overhang the receiver, place base overhang towards the rear of the firearm. Check for proper fit and alignment.
- Using a T-15 wrench (supplied with WARNE rings) loosely install the supplied Torx 15 screws.
- If base(s)/rail fit properly, firmly tighten screws.
- Ruger 10/22 and variants of this firearm have an Aluminum Receiver and extreme caution must be taken while installing scope bases/rails *Taken from the Ruger 10/22 “Attaching scope Base Adapter” instructions, – Starting at the first screw, turn each screw part way in; then move to the next screw, repeating the procedure until all four screws are tightened to a maximum torque setting of 12-15 inch/lb. (Ruger torque values are based on dry threads, no thread-lock compound) Over-tightening will most likely cause the receiver threads to strip out.
*Torque Spec are for dry threads, DO NOT USE THREAD-LOCKER COMPOUND
**Many scope manufacturers’ have established specific torque ratings for their scope and you must follow their recommended torque.
IMPORTANT: NEVER OVER TIGHTEN ANY BASE OR RING SCREW. NEVER ATTACH A SCOPE IF THE OBJECTIVE TOUCHES THE BARREL OR CAUSES INTERFERENCE WITH THE BOLT, SAFETY OR CYCLING OF THE ACTION. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREARM OR SCOPE MANUFACTURERS’ RECOMMENDED TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN GUNSMITHING METHODS.
If you are unsure or do not have the proper tools, please contact a gunsmith for assistance, Warne will not be held liable for stripped/damaged receivers or scopes.